Maternity leave research
- Some 65% of employers do not believe employees will return to work after taking maternity leave
- Female employers have a markedly different approach to male employers. 82% of female employers believe the employee will return to work.
- Only just over 40% of employers questioned have a “return to work” policy.
- 16% of employers would prefer it if staff on maternity leave do not return to work
- The reasons employer gave for not wanting the employee to return to work included a perceived reduction in concentration and enthusiasm.
Notwithstanding the Equality Act and all the strides forward made in equality, the clear finding of this survey is that there is still a significant gender gap when it comes to maternity leave.
What do you think ?